.

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Random Notes 9/2/10

New Gourmet Hot Dogs at Magic Kingdom


I love Philly Cheese Steak sandwiches. I also love taco's. Reuben's...Not so much, but I do love sauerkraut. What does any of this have to do with hot dogs? Well these are threes new hot dogs that according to the Disney Parks Blog are available at The Lunching Pad in Tomorrowland in the Magic Kingdom. Only problem is that while this post appeared on their blog today, the Launching Pad has actually discontinued selling the Reuben Dog over a week ago. It remains to be seen if it will return.


I bring this Hot Dog conundrum up, because when I was at Magic Kingdom a couple weeks ago, I had an opportunity to try one of these and because I thought they were formed hot dogs with the fixings in the dog, I was not at all interested. Unfortunately I didn't actually see them. If I had, I would have attacked that Philly Cheese Steak dog with a vengeance! Instead I had an awesome dog from Casey's Corner and some fries buried their awesome cheese sauce. yes, my arteries are still screaming at me, but it was awesome!

TRON, TRON, and more TRON


New TRON: Legacy posters are hitting the streets all over the world. The image on the left is the new Japanese poster for the film, and the one on the right is a character poster form Hungary. This poster features Beau Garrett as “Jem” one the programs known as Sirens, who are in control of the Grid Game armory in the game world of TRON!



The Disney Parks blog released these concept images of the ElecTRONica night time dance show that is coming to California Adventure park. Here is how the Disney Parks folks explain the festivities:


Beginning October 8, the interactive, digital world of “TRON: Legacy” will light up Hollywood Pictures Backlot as we gear up for the film’s release on December 17. This will be a cool opportunity to peek inside the world of this movie, and it’s available only to visitors of Disney California Adventure park.


It’s an “electrifying” experience for the entire family, filled with music, lights and some of your favorite food and beverage, all set amidst the captivating world of “TRON: Legacy!” From a dazzling dance club under the stars to an authentic recreation of Flynn’s Arcade to some radical gaming, it’s like nowhere else on the grid! Each night, we’ll feature live entertainers, complete with lasers, glow accessories and the hottest music ever to rock the grid. ElecTRONica is “the” place to dance the night away in a fantastic world that only Disney can create. Highlights for the entire family will definitely be Flynn’s Video Arcade, face painting and the TRON: Evolution video game area.


ElecTRONica will transform Disney California Adventure park Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays this Fall. TRON fans and families can also enjoy the party seven days a week during Thanksgiving week and Christmas week.




Last but not least, this awesome t-shirt is currently sitting on the shelves of your local Disney Store. I know it is, because I just saw it at mine, about 20 minutes ago... And, no. I didn't buy it...yet. My wife has not yet allowed me to make anymore purchases since I got back from Star Wars Celebration V.
-Admiral Duke

No comments: