Ahoy mateys! Its that time again, finally time for Fan Art Friday! Now, lets get straight to the wonderful art I have been ever so excited to share! Sure, back in February of 2011 we posted Jeffery Thomas' Twisted Princess artwork, (Which you can find here) but since then, he has added several new dark renditions of these normally beautiful princesses.
First off, we have Esmerelda from The Hunchback of Notre Dame. Normally this stunning gypsy would be dancing circles around you, and stealing your money. But in this drastic change, she would probably be running around you with the very rope you tried to tie her to a stake with and taking your life. As I said, drastic change.
Next up, Maid Marian. Honestly I think this is one of my personal favorites. Just the fact that Maid Marian, this beautiful fox who fell in love with the rebel, is suddenly wielding a sword, is quite awesome. Now if you'll notice the bow, you'll see that it is, or, was rather, Robin Hood's bow. Now if that doesnt make you wonder and worry about the well being of the dear Marian, then maybe the poster to the left reading "WANTED: DEAD OR ALIVE" should?
And finally, my absolute favorite, simply because well, I love Peter Pan. And any fan art of Peter Pan is my special "Happy thought." Of course, this picture may not bring you happy thoughts, but it sure does bring you a sense of great revenge. As if the shadows of Wendy's brothers weren't dark enough, you see Captain Hook's hook is laced into Wendy's belt. Also, just to show how truly dark the fate of Peter and the Lost Boys is, Wendy holds Peter's dagger stained with blood, perhaps that of pirate captain who killed Peter Pan?
I have always been a huge fan of the dark and twisted art of Disney, be it 'Burton-ized,' twisted, or just straight up weird. I promise as we continue to explore the depths of Disney, Marvel, and Star Wars art, we will have a vast variety, but be prepared for some weird stuff from time to time.
-Captain Cay




No comments:
Post a Comment