.

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Lunch with Walt,Jimmy & Wayne

As usual, I gave this topic WAY too much thought. But then I was distracted by the news that Wayne Allwine, The voice of my generations Mickey Mouse had passed away on May 18th. Then after I had done 2 days worth of exhaustive research (for DisFanReview's tribute video) I returned to Disfriend's and again asked myself the question: "If I could spend one day with Walt Disney, what would I do?" Well, it occurred to me I would have to ask the Magical, Mystical Being granting this wish for one little caveat... "Can Walt bring friends?" Assuming of course the answer is yes, I would then tell said Magical,Mystical Being that I would like to Have lunch with "the Voices of Mickey Mouse" Walt, Jimmy MacDonald and Wayne Allwine, at Club 33. Because seeing as how I am asking for things that will never happen, I figure it's not a bad idea to set the whole shindig in a place I will never get into. Besides, a meeting of this Magical magnitude could only happen at Disneyland in California. I wouldn't need the whole day. I'm sure the three of them have busy schedules out there in the Mystical,Magical Realms beyond. Just lunch, maybe an hour or two. I would just love to be there in that place listening to the three voices of Mickey talk about their experience living with the Mouse, comparing notes and styles. Heck I would BEG the three of them to talk to each other as Mickey. Wouldn't that be wild? Once the talking and laughing had subsided and moments before we part ways, I would ask them if we could take a picture together. They would all laugh and I would feel a little embarrassed because of course digital cameras can't take pictures of beings from the Magical, Mystical Realms beyond, you can only do that with film, but no one uses those anymore. So we would shake hands. they would go back to their busy lives in the MMRb and I would stroll back into Walt's original theme park dreaming of a way to turn that magical experience into an animated short film.

No comments: