YouTube has problems. Not at the moment really. But it's coming. YouTube has been offering some promising new changes. The option to download MP4's of your own video's turned out to be a great new feature, but I think YouTube is about to shoot themselves in the foot with their new channel pages. YouTube was offering "beta" channel pages to their users a month or so ago, so I tried it. I HATED it, instantly. I vowed that I would never use this format again. It sucks that bad, It's confusing, overly complicated and they offer few choices in some places,and too many in other areas. I thought the old set up just needed a little tweaking, but this set up is actually a step backward in my opinion. The good thing was they let you reset your channel if you didn't like it.Now YouTube is saying that New channel pages are coming, and you can change now or keep the old style. But You know as well as I do the change is probably going to be mandatory and permanent, eventually. It seems that many other users of YouTube know it too and they are not happy about it. Comments on You Tube's blog have been overwhelmingly negative towards this change, and not just passively negative but passionately, almost violently. But I am afraid it won't matter.My experience tells me that community outcry doesn't have the power it used to. So I will tell you this now; IF YouTube makes the new channel pages permanent, DisFanReview will remove all of our videos and host them all here, or on our Tumblr account... It won't be too difficult, but I would hate for it to come to that. I like YouTube but the new channel pages would simply be too difficult for users to navigate and access all of our videos. If this change bothers you as much as it does us make sure you let YouTube know about it! We Did.
Admiral Duke
No comments:
Post a Comment