I love Disneyland maps. They are all so fun and detailed. If you collect a map of Disneyland every time you go, you can look back and see how the park has changed over the years. I recently discovered two very detailed maps of a small corner of Disneyland, Tom Sawyers island. On May 27th, 2007 Disneyland reopened Tom Sawyer island with a Pirate themed overlay. When guests arrived at Disneyland's front gate they were given a highly detailed and well drawn map to this new mysterious place. The map was entitled "An Explorers map of Pirates Lair on Tom Sawyer Island" and very soon after, these maps became hard to find collectors items. You can still find these with relative ease on Ebay. I did, and it only cost me about $7 with shipping. The map is really fun and is perfect for framing. I received mine in the mail just a few days ago and hours later I stumbled upon an older map of Tom Sawyers island at 2719 Hyperion.com. This map was featured on the inside front cover of the 1958 comic book Walt Disney's Donald and Mickey in Disneyland on Tom Sawyer Island. It was really fun to hold the two maps side by side and see how much, or how little has actually changed. Make sure you get your own "Explorers Map of Pirates lair on Tom Sawyer Island!" This awesome piece of artwork is begging to be in your collection. Can't you hear it calling you?
Admiral Duke
1 comment:
Are you willing to sell Explorers Map of Pirate's Lair on Tom Sawyer Island? Let me know! Yuliyalivsitz@att.net
Post a Comment