.

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

"Tweets for Austin" Mission Accomplished



As I stated in my previous post About "Tweets for Austin," The Disney Fan community never ceases to amaze me. Monday July 6th at 3:00pm est, We realized our goal and got #Austin on to Twitters Trending Topics list. I have to tell you the whole spectacle has been something to behold. Yesterday, I watched so many Disney fans come together in a rush at two different planed times(1pm & 3pm est) It was amazing to watch for a solid minute as the "tweets" just rolled in. I'm telling ya, fingers musta been burning! It was amazing to watch. I look at that photo above and I am just filled with such a good feeling. That hundreds of people can come together to memorialize someone they didn't know, but had a common bond with, is a rare and beautiful thing. I said we wanted to make other people aware of Austin and his love for Disney, and apparently we did. CF 13 news in Orlando has picked up on the "Tweets for Austin" campaign, make sure you read there awesome article. I also wanted to point out that Chris, The host of the Tiki Room Morning show, over at Sorcerer Radio designed really great badge, which we have already posted here on our website. And one last thing, take a moment and click play below to listen to Disneyland's Monorail song, in honor of Austin Wuennenberg.
Admiral Duke
Listen!

No comments: