.

Monday, August 31, 2009

Disney Buys Marvel Entertainment Group


Maybe It's the early morning cobwebs in my head, but this deal just seems weird, not surprising really, just weird. I can't say that I saw this coming, though I had been thinking for a few weeks that it was odd that Marvel cartoons were regularly aired on the Disney XD cable channel. I don't think it's a bad thing to see Marvel under the Mouses umbrella, On the contrary, It will most likely be a good thing for both companies.This morning Disney President Bob Iger made a statement to Disney shareholders. In the statement he detailed the cost of the deal ($4 BILLION)and the many assets that the Marvel brand will bring to Disney, but what this means in the big scheme of things is anybody's guess. Honestly though, I really hope I never see, Spiderman, Wolverine, or any of Marvel's other 5000 characters anywhere inside Disneyland or The Magic Kingdom parks. Some things are just sacred.
Admiral Duke

No comments: