.

Friday, September 4, 2009

Fan Art Friday 9/4/09


When we started this feature it was not so that I could show off my own artistic talent every Friday. No, the entire point of "Fan Art Friday" was to showcase fan art from Disney fans all over the net. For good or bad, the Disney fan art scene has been dominated by Disney/Marvel mash-up's this week due to the news of... Well, you know what news I'm talking about. Early in the week we named SUPERPUNCH our "Website Of the Week" and on their website they had a ton of links to these fan made mash-ups, so rather than tread the same ground others have, we decided to showcase yet another piece created by yours truly.

"Mick Fury: Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D." started out as a sketch and grew into a larger concept piece. I stole a classic Nick Fury pose and tried to "toon" it up a lot. Then i noticed that I could, with ease, turn the S.H.I.E.L.D. symbol in to the classic Mickey Mouse icon, which I then used as the background. I hope you enjoy this fun piece, and I promise, Next week we will profile a fan artist! Got any suggestions? Contact us at DisFanReview@gmail.com
Admiral Duke

No comments: