.

Thursday, September 3, 2009

WDW's Haunted Mansion in HD!!!


When anyone mentions the words "Haunted Mansion," I automatically think of the majestic southern plantation style Mansion at Disneyland. I mean thats the one I grew up with. I always forget that there are MAJOR differences between the Disneyland version and the Gothic style mansion at the Magic Kingdom in Walt Disney World. More importantly I forget that the WDW version is the one that millions of other people grew up with and thus is the image they have in their heads when they hear the words "Haunted Mansion." Martin of Martins Videos and Dan Warren(a photographer and fellow Disney World fanatic, Who I follow on Twitter) were two of the OTHER kids I am speaking of. They grew up with the Florida version and thus have a deep love of that incarnation of the attraction. Martin also has a deep love for all things Disney World and has TONS of videos from present and past WDW attractions. Martin and Dan have created not just a "good" video... They have produced probably the best video I have ever seen of ANY incarnation of the "Haunted Mansion." The video is in true High Definition, and is an absolute wonder to behold. The video is also extremely detailed. Every detail from the grounds to every detail of the ride itself. The video is accompanied by a full stereo audio mix, which along with the AMAZING HD footage makes this video completely engrossing, and utterly eye-popping! Now if you begin to watch this video be prepared to invest a short amount of time. The video clocks in at just over an hour, but believe me the astonishing amount of detail warrants the long running time. Now, keep in mind I have NEVER been to Walt Disney World, and thus, have never experienced the Florida version of "Haunted Mansion." This will sound corny, but it's true; Once I put this video on full screen and turned the speakers way up, I felt as if I were actually there. The details and sounds are completely immersing and truly make you feel like you are visiting the "Haunted Mansion"!!! This video is an amazing feat of which Martin and Dan should be very proud. However, having said all of that,I will probably always think of the Disneyland version first. Enjoy.
Admiral Duke

** WDW Haunted Mansion image by Hyku

No comments: