.

Monday, September 21, 2009

Matisyahu at Disneyland Oct. 21st 2009


I like it when my favorite things come together. I was actually really psyched to hear that my favorite musician, Matisyahu, was going to be performing at my favorite place, Disneyland. What is a real drag though, is that Matisyahu hasn't played in my home town of Albuquerque, New Mexico since 2005 and wont be coming this year, and Disneyland is a long way from Albuquerque. One thing that bugs me about this upcoming show is that it is scheduled for about the same time my Wife and I were supposed to go to Disneyland for our anniversary. BUT life being what it is, things came up and unfortunately we probably wont be able to make it to Disneyland this year. The other thing that bothers me is that Matisyahu's tour manager must have forgotten how to find Albuquerque on a map! Since 2005 Matisyahu always gets close to Albuquerque but never seems to actually land in town. In 2007 he was touring with 311, but didn't join the tour until 3 days after 311 had been to Albuquerque, and earlier this year Matisyahu was touring with Les Claypool, but left the tour the DAY BEFORE it came to Albuquerque!!! So naturally, I am beginning to take it a little personally. But, I really am excited to hear that Matisyahu is playing the House of Blues at the Disneyland Resort, I mean, look at the awesome concert poster I made! Sure I might not be going to the show, but I can be excited it's happening, right!?! Anyway,It gave me a chance to tap into my old "punk rock" poster making skills I learned back in the late 90's. I didn't think anyone else, official or otherwise, would be inspired or able(because of copyright etc.) to make a cool concert poster with a 'hint' of Disney magic. So I hope you enjoy! And if you get a chance to see Matisyahu at the House of Blues on October, 21st 2009 at 7:00pm... Make sure you give me a full detailed description of the show...Or record it for me. Matisyahu is okay with that sort of thing.
Admiral Duke

No comments: