
With the release of TRON:Legacy less than 10 weeks away, a lot of people are going to be revisiting the original TRON film starring Jeff Bridges circa 1982. Some folks however still regard this film as technologically historic, but goofy and campy by today's standards. To some the film can seem even a little dry. Believe me the original marketing campaign did nothing to relieve this because the Original TRON trailers are about as easy to digest as a bowl of cardboard flakes for breakfast. Luckily, DrewboiX over at YouTube is a huge fan of the film and he wondered; "What would a TRON trailer have looked like if it was made today?" The result is extremely impressive. He definitely squeezed every drop of emotion from the film and packed this trailer with a sense of emotional urgency that the original film was actually a little lacking in. I was actually pretty blown away by the extremely professional appearance of the trailer and how well it stands up against the Tron:Legacy trailers that are currently being shown in theaters. If I hadn't known it was fan made before I saw it, I would have assumed it was produced by Disney for a DVD re-release. In fact, if this trailer is missing anything, it is the Disney logo before the trailer actually begins. Regardless, this is really great stuff!
-Admiral Duke
No comments:
Post a Comment