Welcome to DisFanReview's Fan Art Friday for the day of Friday, June seventh! Today, I have found some incredibly beautiful work by darkodordevic. Darko's art is a wide scale gathering of Disney, Monster high, and other popular people and characters, all portrayed in a similar style. Wide eyed, much like that of anime, but giving the characters a look of a real life diva.
First, a piece called "Ariel's Festive Moment" shows everyone's favorite mermaid, dancing away under the sea wearing a shoe on her fin probably for the very first time. I honestly think this could be a part of why she wanted to be a human! The foot wear! I mean, look at that shoe! I love the way the artist drew her hair. In The Little Mermaid, Ariel's hair had to be showed as if it really was in water. Disney makes us all want perfect hair, just saying. And In this picture I think it's really shown that she is under water. But aside from the accurate underwater portrayal, I love the expression and body language coming from her. She looks completely blown away with something as simple as a high heel! The happiness in her little fishy heart is completely obvious, and it makes me want to smile! Ariel is really one of my personal favorites (pirates and mermaids get along quite nicely.) and I love seeing the princesses happy, even after they have to go through so much heart ache!

And also, I found some lovely sketches on Darkodordevic's of our favorite princesses, my favorite being Rapunzel. As I said earlier, she has the eyes of an anime character, and yet, some extra flair that reminds me of a celebrity around these days, a mix of Angelina Jolie and Taylor Swift perhaps? Simple sketches like this are really beautiful because of their simplicity. Along with this sketch of Rapunzel you see to the left, he has drawn four others. Aurora, Pocahontas, Belle, and Ariel are all featured in this group of lovely sketches! Each of the princesses wears a dewy-eyed innocent expression, just as they do in their films and merchandise, but again, looking more realistic and fierce than normal! Check these sketches out if you get a chance, I really do suggest you do, also have a look at all of the other Disney pieces, and all of the others, on Darko's Deviantart profile!
Well, that's all for this weeks Fan Art Friday. Next week, check back for, whats that? Cosplay? Hmm maybe! Tune in next week to find out!
-Captain Cay


No comments:
Post a Comment