.

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Website of the Week 9/30/09


So many Disney fans value the magic and art of Disney because they are, themselves talented artists. One thing that artists from all mediums like to do, is pay homage to the artists, and art that have inspired them. In that spirit we present to you: Covering The Mouse.com. CTM is more than just a blog dedicated to "cover" songs of Disney classics. CTM is a veritable jukebox of fun and unexpected "Disney-covers" By artists and from places you wouldn't expect. The coolest feature over at Covering The Mouse is that you can search their database by Artist,Album, and song. Now I don't think their database is by any means complete, but it is extensive. I was actually surprised to find out that one of my favorite 'Classic Rock' bands, The Dave Clark Five actually recorded a very subdued cover of Song of the South's "Zip-a-dee-doo-dah." I make it my business to know Disney covers and I didn't know that one! Covering the Mouse is going to become your new favorite blog, because they have TONS of great Disney music and interesting factoids about the song and the artists. I LOVE Covering the Mouse, and you will too.
-Admiral Duke


P.S.
Listeners of the DisFanReview Show at Reedy Creek Radio.com knew that Covering the Mouse was our Website of the Week, YESTERDAY! What are you missing, when you miss the DisFanReview Show? Tune in weeknights at 7pm ET, to find out.

No comments: