I know I've said it before, but that is because it is true. Some the the worlds best artists are what they are because they were FAN's first. And because they were fans they were 'drawn' to create art inspired by those things that they are fans of. Take Katie Cook for example. She say's it herself; "I Love being a nerd!" Katie grew up with Marvel & D.C. comics, Star Wars,Disney and the Muppets, which makes complete sense when you see her quirky and cute art work. Now, Katie is a pro. You can actually see her artwork at Star Wars.com, She is the artist on their Star Wars:Clone Wars internet comic(WHICH I LOVE) and she has done a lot of artwork for Topps trading cards. Ironically, Star Wars isn't how I found Katie's artwork, I quite accidentally found her account on Deviantart.com. She has TONS of her private and professional work posted there. You can find her professional site at Katie Can Draw.com. I have to admit to being very surprised at how much I LOVE Katie's work. I happen to think that her style is a little "girly" but, It's so good, and fun, and all of her work just makes you feel good when you look at it. So please support Katie in everything she does, and make sure you tell her you found out about her from DisFanReview.com
-Admiral Duke
No comments:
Post a Comment