
This fall has not been kind to me. YES! I am complaining again, so click away or keep reading, your choice. Still here? Good. I really am happy that there is so much Amazing stuff going on, but... Before I get to the "But" let me tell you about the "stuff"; First, Disney is preparing an elaborate experience called
"The Princess and the Frog Ultimate Disney Experience" at the Walt Disney Studios in Burbank Ca. Nov. 25th to Dec 13th to celebrate the release of The Princess and the Frog. Complete with an exclusive viewing of Disney's return to traditional animation in a digital theater, ON WALT'S STUDIO LOT!!! a visit to the "Archives" and much, much more! Second, Lucasfilm and John Williams present
STAR WARS in Concert, the entire soundtrack of the STAR WARS saga set to orchestrated clips from the films, on Jaw dropping Hi-Def screens, narrated by C-3PO himself, Anthony Daniels. Third, and a little more personal is
Matisyahu LIVE at the House of Blues at the Disneyland Resort in Anaheim. So whats the problem with these three awesome events? Nothing except, NONE OF THEM IS ANYWHERE NEAR ME!!! Now the Princess and the Frog Experience is in California and I really had no chance of seeing this anyway, but it opens on my birthday and man, if I could go I would. In a heartbeat! Now STAR WARS in Concert and Matisyahu are both on tour, but neither is coming to my home town of Albuquerque. It really surprised me that Star Wars in Concert wasn't coming to town, because many special touring symphony shows like this stop in Albuquerque all the time, I have to wonder if there wasn't an adequate facility for the event, but I don't think that is the case. The Matisyahu show at Disneyland on October 21st is a special kind of torture that I have complained about before. The short story is this: Matisyahu's management doesn't know how to find Albuquerque on a map and thus he hasn't played here since September of 2005, which was one week before I discovered Matisyahu. No kidding. To this day I have never had the chance to see him in concert and I REALLY want to see Matisyahu LIVE. Now here is the real, tear your heart out and throw it on the floor part, I WAS SUPPOSED TO BE AT DISNEYLAND THAT WEEKEND!!! My wife and I were supposed to go to Disneyland for our 15th anniversary, but unfortunately we just wont be able to do it this year. So there it is. my list of things that "Aint Gonna Happen." Now if you happen to go to any of these events, please think of me when you go and, take lots of pictures. Like i said, this fall has not been kind to me... but I've had worse.
-Admiral Duke
No comments:
Post a Comment