.

Monday, December 21, 2009

Matisyahu gives shout out to DisFanReview.com in front of 6000+ fans

If you are a regular follower of DisFanReview you may be aware that I am a HUGE fan of Hasidic Reggae artist, Matisyahu. His music is a mixture of traditional Reggae sounds and spiritual topics that truly can raise your soul, and shake your booty. You have probably heard his song "One Day" on NBC's Winter Olympics promos. Over the past few months I have been tweeting to Matisyahu about my disappointment that his "Light" tour was not scheduled to make a stop in Albuquerque. Last night Matisyahu capped off his "Light" tour with a 3 hour show in Brooklyn, New York that was also broadcast live via Ustream to thousands of viewers worldwide. About an hour and half into the show Matisyahu called for a song request from people watching the broadcast. When he was finally able to look at twitter my "tweet" must've stood right out at him. I will let you watch the video, to see what I mean and experience the whole thing for yourself. It is indeed humbling to know that the things you say on the internet do not always fall on deaf ears. More importantly, even if Matisyahu never plays a show in Albuquerque, the personal attention that he paid to me will ensure he will have me as a fan for life. The segment I am referring to begins at 1:48:45, and you can skip right to it, or enjoy this fabulous concert in it's entirety.
-Admiral Duke

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ok, that was the coolest thing I've seen all day. That had to be a great moment watching that live.