.

Monday, July 19, 2010

Video Madness 7/19/10 Disneyland 55


This past weekend marked the 55th Anniversary of Walt's Original Magical Kingdom. To celebrate we present 3 very different perspectives on this historic event

I love the Disney fans. They show their love for all things disney by creating fan art and making cool videos like this. For instance, take this video from Ryno1986 at YouTube. This fun "slideshow" video contains some awesome Disney images as well as assorted photos. I love the mix of classic and modern attractions as well as the fun personal photos from the park.

This video from The Disney Parks blog is a fun overview of the 55 years since Disneyland first opened. Interesting to note, is the focus on Ronald Reagan who was one of the co-hosts of the live broadcast of the opening ceremonies of Disneyland and would return some years later to re-dedicate the park as President of the United States. thanks to the Disney Parks Blog for the video.

On Saturday during the re-dedication ceremony at Disneyland, park guest's sang "Happy Birthday," 55 Disney characters and cast members flooded town square and surprised the crowd with an unexpected Flash Mob. the overall effect was pretty cool. Thanks to MouseInfo.com for the video. -Admiral Duke

1 comment:

kymie said...

OK, I know Im late, but the video of DL's birthday had my eyes fill with tears!!! How cool to be there and see all those characters come out!! You can tell I need a Disney fix lol! Thanks for sharing - you have a great website!!!