.

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

TRON:Legacy Vinylmation Sneak Peek


If, at approximately noon eastern time, you heard a collective groan coming from the Orlando, Florida area... Don't be shocked. I heard it too, and it all had to do with the news that the new TRON: Legacy Vinylmation series will be released on Nov. 21st. You see, the announcement states that 24 figures will be released at Disneyland and that only 12 will be released at Walt Disney World. The question is, are the 12 that will be going to WDW part of the 24 going to Disneyland OR are they 12 completely different figures, which would make the complete total of the series 36? None of that is clear. What is clear is that Disney & Noah are quite pleased with them and that each TRON: Legacy Vinylmation will come with a 22inch tall display stand. Here is what Noah himself had to say about these unique figures on his blog:

“This is a dream come true for me. When I was a kid I spent countless hours standing in the TRON video game. I remember one being at the arcade near Space Mountain. I loved the original film. It impacted my life creatively. Such brilliant film making for its time. A timeless classic. It just a mindblower to see it come full circle to seeing TRON Legacy with my kids. To create merchandise inspired by the movie gets me so excited to create something special for Vinylmation™ collectors that they will never forget. This is the “biggest” and rarest vinyl experience yet. I wanted to make something totally unique that will “stand” higher in your collection. -Noah

-Admiral Duke

No comments: